Welcome to this NEW Plumbing & Heating Forum. "Serious about plumbing"
All are welcome to post questions and topics, and we hope it answers all your questions and you make some new contacts in the process.
We need members, and the only way for this community to grow, is for YOU to register, post and spread the word on other forums you may be members of.

Electric under bath/ sink hot water heaters

If your serious about Bathrooms, lets wash it out in here!
But remember... Keep it clean!

Moderators: Aaron, mimo, Jon

• Advertisement

GarethEC

Postby GarethEC » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello all,
A problem has arisen with a customer, new build buy to rent property. They are all electric apartments but the problem is the Dalfi water heaters, 3.5kw & 4.5kw and associated cabling. The 4.5kw heater is supposed to heat water to fill bath, this is total nonsense. I am looking for advice to further advise customer. From my research to adequately heat water for bath a minimum of a 8kw heater would be needed. The reason for this selection is the cable gauge existing, 6mm T&E. I still believe this to be under rated but 10mm T&E would be required for anything of higher wattage. Any advice would be appreciated as I have little experience of advising to heat water for a bath

aeytovareschPloro

Postby aeytovareschPloro » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:41 am

In both of our situations the tankless water heaters were in a central location, exactly where you would put your hot water tank. There are the kind that just go under your sink, I have no experience with those.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bathrooms”