Welcome to this NEW Plumbing & Heating Forum. "Serious about plumbing"
All are welcome to post questions and topics, and we hope it answers all your questions and you make some new contacts in the process.
We need members, and the only way for this community to grow, is for YOU to register, post and spread the word on other forums you may be members of.

New Immersion Heater

This forum is dedicated to threads about the noble art of Plumbing!
Pipe, tube, waste, fittings and valves, best practice, advice and all things involved in moving water from A to B.

Moderators: Aaron, mimo, Jon

• Advertisement

Lexlee12

New Immersion Heater

Postby Lexlee12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,
Will try and keep this short.
New Immersion Heater fitted due to old one packing up. New on fitted which involved draining old heater tank.
My system can be heater by way of electric (immersion) or via the boiler which is oil run.
After the new immersion was fitted there was no heating and the large Red heating pump I could not even touch due to heat but nothing at radiator ( turned it all off) called them out again and said there was air in the system from the tank renewel the previous day and subsequently bled the system and radiators.
Problem solved. Although my cold fed Mira Advance ATL shower played up and packed up after all this work. Bought a new exact same unit and got it fitted by another company (brilliant)
Question is ... would the fitting of a new immersion tank cause air to get into the heating element of the shower causing it to overheat and burn itself out.
Only asking as the people involved say that the the immersion tank fitting would not effect the shower as they are seperate.
Also should the shower have been bled at same time as radiators.
Sorry long winded..

aeytovareschPloro

New Immersion Heater

Postby aeytovareschPloro » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Any suggestions on a make and model of an instantaneous water heater from Lazada? The kind that hangs on the wall by the shower head. It will only be for 1 shower.

• Advertisement

Return to “Plumbing”